Function: Manage a growing Operations team, including incoming sales, logistics coordination, order intake and management, CRM database management, customer service, finance oversight (accounts receivable/payable), vendor and supply chain management, manufacturing and QC oversight, general office administration.
Location: miniPCR Headquarters, Arlington, MA.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 hours/day, flexible start/end times to be agreed upon.
Travel: local manufacturing site visits, opportunities to travel to sales events if desired.
Reports to: Cofounders. Start date: February 2019
About the Operations Manager Role
Our mission at miniPCR is to foster a scientifically literate society. We create new markets by designing top quality hardware and applications that are easy-to-use and affordable, expanding the reach of DNA analysis and other technologies to scientists, educators and the DNA curious. miniPCR puts science in the hands of everyone, everywhere.
Through this role you will join the miniPCR team in our mission to democratize DNA science, working with a dynamic, passionate, and growing entrepreneurial team. This position will be at the core of our business operations team. We’re looking for a seasoned operations executive who can both be hands-on and provide management and oversight to our growing Ops team.
Sales and Marketing
- Manage incoming sales and maintain CRM
- Identify and execute on opportunities for outbound sales
- Provide support with event and meeting preparation, travel planning and booking
- Management of key international accounts
- Serve as first customer support contact on telephone
- Manage customer service calls and emails and route appropriately
Customer database management
- Regularly and accurately enter information and updates in fulfillment database
- Conduct database updates in a Google Drive environment
Order intake and management
- Process purchase orders and credit card payments for sales via Quickbooks Premier
- Input and approve all orders (phone, e-commerce, PO)
- Coordinate order fulfillment and shipment with manufacturing site
- Track status for all open orders and communicate status updates to customers
Vendor and supply chain management
- Oversee vendor relationships, manage open purchase orders and items receipts
- Implement best practices in inventory management
- Forecast and manage production and QC with manufacturing site
Financial accounting and strategic planning
- Manage accounts receivables cycle
- Manage accounts payable and payment approval cycle
- Report sales and financials to leadership for quarterly strategic planning
Required Skills & Abilities
The ideal candidate will have proven experience and track record in executive functions and operations management. They will be polished oral and written communicators and highly detail oriented, reporting directly to the miniPCR leadership team. The right person for this role will possess mastery and versatility in oral and written communication internally and externally. They will have a passion for organization and efficiency, and for building high-functioning organizations.
Essential skills and experience include:
– AA or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
– 5+ years of operations work within a growing company environment
– Familiarity with Quickbooks especially integrations with third party e-commerce, inventory management, and order management applications.
– Comfortable in Excel, Word, Thunderbird
– Familiarity with Google Drive environment
– Strong problem solving skills
– Demonstrable passion for building organizations and systems
– Ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully within a team environment
– Customer service experience
Highly desired skills include:
– Previous experience with QuickBooks and third-party integrations
– Leadership experience, people management
– Biomedical, scientific, or K-12 education background a plus
Email cover letter and resume to Sebastian Kraves, miniPCR co-founder: firstname.lastname@example.org