PDF: miniPCR Operations Associate_2018
Job Description: miniPCR Operations Associate
Function: Order intake and processing, customer database management, customer service, general office administration, accounts receivable and payable, other duties as assigned.
Location: Harvard Launch Lab, Allston, MA.
Start date: February 2018
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 hours/day, flexible start/end times to be agreed upon.
Reports to: Cofounders
No travel requirement; opportunities to travel to trade shows if desired.
About Amplyus LLC (DBA miniPCR)
Our mission at miniPCR is to foster a scientifically literate society. We create new markets by designing top quality hardware that is easy-to-use, portable and affordable, broadening the reach of DNA analysis and other technologies to scientists, educators and the DNA curious. miniPCR puts science in the hands of everyone, everywhere.
Through this role you will join the miniPCR team in our mission to democratize DNA science, working with a dynamic, passionate, and growing team.
Order intake and management
- Process purchase orders and credit card payments for sales via Quickbooks Premier
- Input and approve all orders (phone, e-commerce, PO)
- Coordinate order fulfillment and shipment with manufacturing site
- Track status for all open orders and communicate status updates to customers
- Track payments and accounts receivable
- Serve as first customer support contact on telephone
- Manage customer service calls and emails and route appropriately
Customer database management
- Regularly and accurately enter information and updates in fulfillment database
- Conduct database updates in a Google Drive environment
- Manage customer invoices and receivables cycle in Quickbooks
- Assist in weekly and monthly sales and receivables reporting
- Input Purchase Orders to key vendors and follow up through receipt
- Report all accounts payable and manage payment approval process
- Provide support with event and meeting preparation, travel planning and booking
Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities
This position will be at the core of our business operations and administrative processes. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and track record in executive assistance and operations management. They will be polished oral and written communicators and highly detail oriented, with a passion for organization and efficiency. All of our staff must communicate on a regular basis with research and education professionals, as well as internal stakeholders, so the right person for this job will possess mastery and versatility in oral and written communication with a customer service mindset.
Essential skills and experience include:
– AA or Bachelor’s degree (achieved or in progress) or equivalent work experience
– 2+ years of administrative/operations work within a corporate environment
– Familiarity with Quickbooks especially issuing Sales Orders, Invoices and Purchase Orders
– Comfortable in Excel, Word, Thunderbird
– Familiarity with Google Drive environment
– Strong problem solving skills
– Ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully within a team environment
– Customer service experience
Highly desired skills include:
– Previous experience with QuickBooks Premier
– Biomedical, scientific, or K-12 education background a plus
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org