Electrical Engineer position at miniPCR bio
About miniPCR bio
Our mission at miniPCR bio is to foster a scientifically literate society. We create new markets by designing top quality hardware that is easy-to-use, portable and affordable. We broaden the reach of DNA analysis and other technologies to scientists, educators and the public.
You will work on all aspects and phases of product development projects as part of a small, collaborative team. You will get to work on miniPCR Bio’s expanding product portfolio including DNA amplification instruments and molecular and cellular biology systems to create products that are cost-effective, safe, reliable and intuitive.
- Quickly prototype concepts
- Develop concepts from initial design to market release
- Design circuit boards from scratch through manufacturing (preferably using Altium)
- Create robust and reliable electrical designs
- Write firmware from scratch. Understand and modify existing firmware
- Investigate and evaluate existing technology
- Improve performance and reduce cost of existing designs
- B.S., M.S or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Mastery of EE design and layout of digital, analog and mixed system circuits
- Experience with Wifi and Bluetooth communication protocols
- Experience with embedded design and microprocessors such as Atmel ATMEGA and XMEGA
- Firmware programming (C/C++, Arduino)
- Experience with source code control and code documentation
- Hardware prototyping experience
- Experience with safety and compliance testing a plus
- Proven ability to take a loosely defined project and deliver complete and meaningful results
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others. Previous startup experience a plus
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The position requires either U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.