GelGreen™ is a sensitive, stable and environmentally safe green fluorescent nucleic acid dye designed to stain either dsDNA, ssDNA or RNA in agarose gels. GelGreen™ is far more sensitive than SYBR Safe. Unlike SYBR® dyes, which are known to be unstable, GelGreen™ is very stable, both hydrolytically and thermally. GelGreen™ is compatible with either a 254 nm UV transilluminator or with blue light excitation (such as blueGel™ or blueBox™).
- Safer than Ethidium Bromide: Shown by the Ames test and other tests to be nonmutagenic and noncytotoxic
- Easy disposal: Passed environmental safety tests for direct disposal of working solutions down the drain or in regular trash
- Ultra-sensitive: Much more sensitive than EtBr and SYBR® Safe
- Extremely stable: Available in water, stable at room temperature for long-term storage and microwavable
- Simple to use: Very simple procedures for precast or post-electrophoresis gel staining
- Compatible with blue light excitation: Perfect DNA stain for use with blueGel™ electrophoresis and blueBox™ transilluminators
- Compatible with downstream applications: Compatible with gel purification, restriction digest, sequencing and cloning.
The solution vial is packaged in a light-protective resealable pouch. Routine storage: 20-25°C.
GelGreen and its uses are covered by US patent numbers 7960498, 7803943, and 8232050.