COVID-19 resource library
Webinars with Dr. Alex Dainis
COVID-19 qPCR Learning Lab Webinar
Dr. Alex Dainis demonstrates classroom-friendly COVID Diagnostics teaching live on YouTube.
Viral Diagnostics Lab Live Demo
Dr. Katy Martin teaches viral detection by gel electrophoresis.
Genetics of SARS-CoV-2
Free webinar for students, teachers, and the general public.
qPCR and COVID-19 testing
Demo of miniPCR bio’s qPCR lab, demonstrating how fluorescence can help diagnose disease.
Science of vaccines
History of vaccines, their mechanisms, and new methods used to combat SARS-CoV-2.
COVID-19 mRNA vaccines
Dr. Alex Dainis explains the science of COVID-19 mRNA vaccine technology.
COVID-19 detection enabled by miniPCR® technology
- Detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA using RT-LAMP and molecular beacons. (Sherrill-Mix et al., Genome Biology, 2021)
- A Novel Miniature CRISPR-Cas13 System for SARS-CoV‑2 Diagnostics. (ACS Synth. Biol. 2021, 10, 2541−2551)
- Simpler and faster Covid-19 testing: Strategies to streamline SARS-CoV-2 molecular assays. (Panpradista et al., EBioMedicine, 2021)
- Multiplex Isothermal Amplification Coupled with Nanopore Sequencing for Rapid Detection and 2 Mutation Surveillance of SARS-CoV-2. (Bi et al., MedRxiv, 2021)
- Scaling diagnostics in times of COVID-19: Colorimetric Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) assisted by a 3D-printed incubator for cost-effective and scalable detection of SARS-CoV-2. (González-González et al., BioRxiv 2020)
- A Scalable, Easy-to-Deploy, Protocol for Cas13-Based Detection of SARS-CoV-2 Genetic Material. (Rauch et al., JCM, 2021)
- Portable and accurate diagnostics for COVID-19: Combined use of the miniPCR thermocycler and a well-plate reader for SARS-Co2 virus detection. (Gonzalez-Gonzalez et al., PLOS ONE, 2020)