Introducing pre-aliquoted labs for easy classroom prepKaty Martin
You don’t have to choose between leveling up your biotech curriculum and cutting down your prep time. Our new Microbe Hunters dye electrophoresis Learning Lab™ aims to make your classroom prep easier than ever before.
Microbe Hunters introduces Load Ready™ Strips: pre-aliquoted sample strips. With Load Ready Strips, samples are already divided into portions suitable for student groups. That means distributing reagents is as easy as handing a sample strip to your students. No need to painstakingly pipette reagents into dozens of individual microtubes.
But pre-aliquoting samples is just one way we’ve made Microbe Hunters easy to bring to your classroom. Other advantages include:
- All-in-one kit. Along with pre-aliquoted samples for 8 student groups, each Microbe Hunters kit includes all the reagents students will need to pour and run their agarose gels. No add-on kits or additional reagents are required to run your lab.
- Premeasured ingredients. Agarose Tabs™ and a single-serving pouch of TBE buffer mean you can ditch the scale and weigh boat. Just add water!
- Direct visualization. No need to stain and de-stain your gels, or to use a visualization system to see your results. Dye samples are visible to the naked eye as they run, so your students will see their results in as little as 20 minutes.
- Stable at room temperature. Don’t worry about clearing space in the fridge or freezer for this lab: Microbe Hunters is stable for up to one year at room temperature.
- Broad compatibility. Microbe Hunters can be run on any horizontal electrophoresis system, including our affordable Bandit™ STEM Electrophoresis Kit.
Other upcoming releases in our dye electrophoresis lab collection will share these time-saving features. These forthcoming Learning Labs, which marry biotechnology with core biology content including inheritance and Punnett squares, include:
- Cat Genetics: Connect gene to genotype as you examine how the trait for white spotting is inherited in a family of cats. Check out our Cat Genetics Lab webinar to learn more.
- Mendel’s Peas: Augment your discussion of Mendel’s classic studies with a layer of hands-on biotechnology.